Saturday 5 March 2011

Another Long Wait

It seems I've spent the majority of my writing career waiting ... and I doubt that will change any time soon. For someone who is not naturally patient, I'm learning a lot about patience and to wait on the Lord.

This past week I've been re-reading MaryAnn Minatra's Alcott Legacy series. I love her books and wish she'd write a lot more. The characters, the plot, her way with words, all inspire me to be a better writer. Perhaps someday ...

Meanwhile I'm waiting to hear from my editor re the second book in my Distant Land series and yesterday I finished self-editing the third - and perhaps final - book in the series.

I've also started another book completely different to anything I've ever written before. Not historical but social issues this time. I just hope I can do the story justice.