Friday 25 July 2014

Two

I'm grateful - and excited - to have not one, but TWO books currently with the publishers. To Await the Dream is with Castle Publishing and The Scent of Rain is with Ark House Press.

Perhaps it's a little ironic that the novel with an Australian flavour is with a New Zealand publisher and the one with a New Zealand influence is with an Australian publisher. But (and New Zealanders will hate me for saying this) to a large proportion of the world's population, they are one and the same country. (Not true, though. Different cultures, different slang, some would even say, different English language - although our spelling is the same.)

Since the next novel that I'm planning is set in both Australia and New Zealand I wonder how I will go about choosing a publisher when the time comes?